Monday, December 18, 2006

Clothes Shopping!

Evening! I am currently bit by bit upgrading my wardrobe. Gone will be the days when I wore T shirts and blue jeans...except on Sundays of course! Now you will see me creeping around Filene's Basement looking for beautiful Ralph Lauren shirts and fresh pressed trousers. Currently, my new Steve Madden shoes gained their first miles, and tomorrow I will pop my clogs on my new black Rockports.

Oh dearrr, has olde Robert gone vain? Well, let me tell you one thing, I do love my new clothes. I am starting to discover the feeling of looking dignified, and that is very important because:

1. I know I am not a tzaddik and thus I need to feel good about myself.
2. Good clothes make me feel good.
3. When I feel good, I automatically want to make other people feel good.
4. I am smiling, I am more pleasant to be around
5. Mitzvah observance, actually gets much much easier when I am happy!
6. I serve Hashem much better.

Hmm, maybe gashmiut, good physical living helps kick the neshamah into action, just like you need a battery and a nice starter motor to get the Ferrari or the Rolls started!

Im not advocating blowing huge gobs of cash on clothes. Nowadays, you can get fantastic clothing at Filene's Basement, Macy's, and DSW Shoes for a fraction of the cost you would get at boutiques. I havent finished yet, I have plans to get more trousers and some nice suits, IY"H. I pray to Hashem that He finds me some great sharp clothes at excellent low prices so that I will be able to serve Him and my fellow people with an expansive and smiling heart!

I should have some nice pictures of my Chanukiah in action soon. Keep your seatbelts fastened!

No comments: